Robotic Surgery Center at Texas Health Flower Mound
The Texas Health Flower Mound Robotic Surgery Center, houses three state of the art da Vinci System suites allowing trained surgeons to perform robotic-assisted, minimally-invasive procedures.
This system is equipped with tiny instruments and technology that translates the surgeon’s hand movements into smaller, precise movements inside the patient’s body.
The “robot” has computer-controlled “arms” that aid in the positioning and manipulation of surgical instruments. This provides surgeons with better accuracy, flexibility and control. The surgeon is 100% in control at all times.
Compared to traditional surgery, this form of minimally invasive surgery results in smaller incisions which, for many patients, allows for a faster recovery, less pain, swelling and scarring than that experienced by patients undergoing traditional open procedures.
Robotic surgery offers many benefits to patients compared to open surgery, including:
- Shorter hospitalization
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Faster recovery time and return to normal activities
- Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection
- Reduced blood loss and transfusions
- Minimal scarring
Surgeons on the hospital’s medical staff also use this technology for a number of other procedures, including:
- Cholecystectomy - Removal of the gallbladder
- Adrenalectomy - Removal of tumors on the adrenal glands
- Splenectomy - Removal of the spleen
- Nissen Fundoplication - Treatments of gastro-reflux disease
- Hernia Surgery
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Weight Loss / Bariatric Surgeries
- Urological / Pelvic Health Surgeries
There are many factors that play into whether robotic-assisted surgery is appropriate for a patient. As such, patients should discuss both non-surgical and surgical options with their physicians and together they can make an informed decision.