Robotic Surgery Center at Texas Health Flower Mound
Texas Health Flower Mound, houses three state of the art da Vinci System suites allowing our trained surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries.
The Texas Health Robotics Center utilizes da Vinci System technology that allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body.
Compared to traditional surgery, this form of minimally invasive surgery results in smaller incisions resulting faster recovery, less pain, swelling and scarring.
The surgical “robot” has computer-controlled “arms” that can be programmed to aid in the positioning and manipulation of surgical instruments. This provides surgeons with better accuracy, flexibility and control. The surgeon is 100% in control at all times.
Robotic surgery offers many benefits to patients compared to open surgery, including:
- Shorter hospitalization
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Faster recovery time and return to normal activities
- Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection
- Reduced blood loss and transfusions
- Minimal scarring
This type of robotic surgery is so effective it’s used for a number of other procedures, including:
- Cholecystectomy - Removal of the gallbladder
- Adrenalectomy - Removal of tumors on the adrenal glands
- Splenectomy - Removal of the spleen
- Nissen Fundoplication - Treatments of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Hernia Surgery
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Weight Loss / Bariatric Surgeries
- Urological / Pelvic Health Surgeries