da Vinci Surgical Robot Suites at Texas Health Flower Mound
Texas Health Flower Mound Robotic Surgery Center, houses three state of the art da Vinci System suites allowing our trained surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries.
The da Vinci Robot enables surgeons to perform operations through a few small incisions and features several key features, including:
- Magnified vision system that gives surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient's body
- Ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits operating
- Patient-side cart where the patient is positioned during surgery
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
How it Works
The da Vinci System is powered by robotic technology that allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. One of the instruments is a laparoscope – a thin tube with a tiny camera and light at the end. The camera sends images to a video monitor in the operating room to guide doctors during surgery. The surgeon is 100% in control of the da Vinci robot at all times.
At Texas Health Presbyterian Flower Mound, Common surgical procedures that utilize the da Vinci robot technology over open or even laparoscopic options include:
- Hernia Surgery
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Weight Loss / Bariatric Surgeries
- Urological / Pelvic Health Surgeries
For more information about surgical options utilizing da Vinci robot technology, please fill out a consultation request on the side of this page and a specialist will assist you.